Korean Actor Lee Junki leaves a teary farewell to his fans today after entering the military in Nonsan Military camp. This was after an immediate letter to be enlisted greeted him weeks ago, making him drop prior necessary commitments. The actor also says goodbye to his well-trimmed hair after shaving it off as part of the mandatory enlistment.
Junki’s message under the cut:
The 28-year-old actor bid farewell to thousands of fans — including many who flew in from overseas — and reporters, who showed up at the Nonsan military training camp to see the star off.
With his trademark hair cut short to comply to standard military regulations, the actor appeared teary as he saluted his fans and apologized for his sudden departure and having to drop out from his prior work commitments.
“This is very sudden but I am not too overwhelmed.. I feel relieved and excited..” the actor said. “I am sorry that I made the announcement rather suddenly in regards to work and the fans.”
Lee, who was notified by Korea’s military services to join the army during the year, had been trying to defer his military entrance date in order to wrap up shootings for the film “Grand Prix” and blockbuster drama “Faith”.
It was only last week that the actor found out he had no choice but to report to duty by May 3, and decided to pull out from both projects.
Reporter : Park So-yoen muse@
Editor : Lynn Kim lynn2878@
<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>